Royal National Hotel
40 hours a week (Shift Pattern 5/ 7 days working between 7.00am and 11.00pm)
£10.85 - £11.35 PH + Benefits
In joining our team, you’ll be immediately welcomed into the Imperial London Hotels (ILH) family where we have a rich history of 175 years of hospitality experience creating unique guest experiences.
Our seven hotels are all located in the heart of Bloomsbury, Central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique Morton Hotel to our largest and lively Royal National hotel with a huge 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone from Housekeeper to Sous Chef and Shift Engineer to Hotel General Manager.
We are now recruiting Receptionists for our Royal National Hotel.
As Receptionist for Imperial London Hotels, you are a key part of our guests’ experience and their first impression visiting our hotels. You make it your mission to ensure you and your team deliver an exceptional journey from check-in to check-out.
With your warm and friendly interaction, you have the ability to anticipate individual guests needs, seeking out opportunities to go the extra mile to wow our guests and give them the attention that they deserve.
An ambassador for our Royal National hotel you take pride in terms of your own personal appearance, and ensure the reception and adjoining areas represent a great welcoming environment. You’ll help our guests with your expert knowledge of the hotel services and that of the local area and surroundings.
In this busy operation, working as part of a team of 10 people you’ll be handling both requests from your work colleagues and guests. A natural problem solver, with great attention to details you’ll also be extremely organised yet able to multi-task. Your passion is to help others and with your exceptional people skills you’ll ensure that our guests continue to return time after time to our hotels.
What we’d like from you
- Previous experience gained in a customer facing role or similar position would be beneficial.
- You will have a good level of spoken and written English. If you speak other languages, this would advantageous.
- A genuine interest in providing the best service for our guests.
- Confident and engaging personality with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- You will have the ability to effectively problem solve and find a resolution to our guests’ satisfaction.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to balance different priorities and remain calm under pressure.
- Working knowledge of Opera beneficial.
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners and restaurant outlets.