Imperial London Hotels based at TavistockÂ Hotel
40 hours per weekÂ
Â£10.85 + benefits
In joining our team, youâ€™ll be immediately welcomed into the Imperial London Hotels (ILH) family where we have a rich history of 175 years of hospitality experience creating unique guest experiences.
Our seven hotels are all located in the heart of Bloomsbury, Central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique Morton Hotel to our largest and lively Royal National hotel with a huge 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone from Housekeeper to Sous Chef and Shift Engineer to Hotel General Manager.
We are now recruiting Night Receptionists for our Tavistock hotel Reopening Spring 2022
Working as part of our Night Reception team we want to ensure that our guests have a great first impression visiting our hotels no matter what time of night, you will make it your mission to ensure you deliver an exceptional journey from check-in to check-out.
Itâ€™s all about having a great attitude, we are looking for someone who enjoys being helpful to others, keeps a cool head and doesnâ€™t get flustered easily as youâ€™ll need to be comfortable working both independently and as a team.Â
The safety of our guests and team is our highest priority so youâ€™ll be knowledgeable on company emergency and evacuation procedures, conduct regular safety checks and audits, ensuring that any safety incidents or accidents are addressed quickly and escalated accordingly.Â
Youâ€™ll ensure there is a seamless handover for the day reception team communicating relevant information and updates, that guestsâ€™ morning calls are actioned, breakfast trays are delivered and guest newspapers are ordered as required.
An ambassador for Tavistock hotel you take pride in terms of your own personal appearance, and ensure the reception and adjoining areas represent a great welcoming environment.Â Youâ€™ll help our guests with your expert knowledge of the hotel services and that of the local area and surroundings.Â
A natural problem solver, with great attention to details youâ€™ll also be extremely organised yet able to multi-task.Â Your passion is to help others and with your exceptional people skills youâ€™ll ensure that our guests continue to return time after time to our hotels.Â
What weâ€™d like from you
- Due to the working hours of this position, you will need to be at least 18 years old to be considered for this role.
- Previous experience gained in a customer facing role or similar position would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of Opera, Knowcross and Mircos software would be beneficial.
- You will have a good level of spoken and written English.Â If you speak other languages, this would advantageous.
- A genuine interest in providing the best service for our guests.
- Confident and engaging personality with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- You will have the ability to effectively problem solve and find a resolution to our guestsâ€™ satisfaction.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to balance different priorities and remain calm under pressure.
What youâ€™ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners and restaurant outlets.