Imperial London Hotels Group
Permanent, Full Time 40 hours a week (Fully flexible 5 out 7 days)
£24,000 + Service Charge + Benefits
Since 1837 Imperial London Hotels have been offering our guest a warm welcome across our 7 Hotels located in Bloomsbury, central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique The Morton Hotel to our largest site, The Royal National Hotel at 1630-bedrooms, and our newest Hotel addition to the group Holiday Inn Bloomsbury and IHG Hotel, we have a role here for everyone.
We are now recruiting Commis Chef for the Imperial London Hotels Group
As Commis Chef you are at the start of your Chef career. Come with your passion for hospitality and work with the rest of your Kitchen team turning everyday ingredients into mouth-watering meals.
Day to day you’ll support the kitchen team to deliver a consistently high-quality product through the preparation of food and maintain a clean working area at all times. Follow Chef directions of presentation for all dishes ensuring that all food comes out to a high standard and in a timely fashion. With your knowledge of all F&B items on the menu, you’ll be able to recommend combinations and upsell alternatives, bringing new ideas to the team to develop menus and recipes. Overall, you’ll demonstrate an attitude that exceeds our guests’ expectations to provide an unforgettable dining experience.
What we’d like from you
- A passion for all things food! with a basic knowledge of food preparation/ culinary operations
- You may have already gained previous experience in kitchen environment or currently be attending catering school
- Willing to learn and try new things, you’ll also be able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- A team player with a positive can-do attitude you will taking pride in your appearance and the food you and your team present.
- You’ll be supported by your senior kitchen team to help you develop your culinary skills and reach your full potential.
- A good command of English language and the ability to communicate confidently
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets