Imperial Hotels London - Based at Royal National Hotel
44 hours a week (Night 9pm – 9am working 4 days out of 7)
£10.85 + Benefits
In joining our team, you’ll be immediately welcomed into the Imperial London Hotels (ILH) family where we have a rich history of 175 years of hospitality experience creating unique guest experiences.
Our seven hotels are all located in the heart of Bloomsbury, Central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique Morton Hotel to our largest and lively Royal National hotel with a huge 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone from Housekeeper to Sous Chef and Shift Engineer to Hotel General Manager.
We are currently recruiting for a Night Porter at our Royal National Hotel.
What you’ll be doing
As Day/ Night Porter you are a key part of our front of house/ night operation teams helping to create a great first impression, you make it your mission to providing a warm welcome to all guests on arrival from supporting with luggage and personal belongings, assisting the reservations team from check in to check out and attend to guests needs.
With the safety and security of our guests and team as our highest priority you’ll need to be knowledgeable on hotel facilities and company emergency and evacuation procedures, and conduct regular safety checks and audits, ensuring that any security incidents or health and safety issues are addressed quickly and escalated accordingly to the Duty Manager.
A natural problem solver, with great attention to details you’ll also be extremely organised yet able to multi-task. Your passion is to help others and with your exceptional people skills you’ll ensure that our guests continue to return time after time to our hotels.
An Ambassador for our Royal National hotel, you take pride in terms of your own appearance and ensure that public areas are well maintained and presentable. You’ll be able to help our guests with your expert knowledge of the hotel services, local areas and surroundings.
It’s all about having a great attitude, we are looking for someone who enjoys being helpful to others, keeps a cool head and doesn’t get flustered easily as you’ll need to be comfortable working both independently and as a team.
What we’d like from you
- Due to the working hours of this position, you will need to be at least 18 years old to be considered for this role. (Night Porter)
- Previous experience gained in customer facing role or similar position would be beneficial.
- You will have a good level of spoken English, if you speak other languages this would be advantageous
- A genuine interest in providing the best service for our guests.
- Confident and engaging personality who is able to build rapport quickly.
- You will have the ability to effectively problem solve and find a resolution to our guest’s satisfaction.
- Act as a brand ambassador for Imperial London Hotels promoting a professional image at all times.
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets