Cluster Meetings and Events Coordinator
Imperial Hotels London -Based at Royal National Hotel
40 hours a week (Flexible 5/ 7 days)
£23,000 + Benefits
In joining our team, you’ll be immediately welcomed into the Imperial London Hotels (ILH) family where we have a rich history of 175 years of hospitality experience creating unique guest experiences.
Our seven hotels are all located in the heart of Bloomsbury, Central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique Morton Hotel to our largest and lively Royal National hotel with a huge 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone from Housekeeper to Sous Chef and Shift Engineer to Hotel General Manager.
Collectively our 7 hotels represent one of Europe’s largest conference centres with the space, facilities and flexibility to accommodate a roundtable discussion for 6 people to a large conference attended by over 700 delegates within our 24 meeting rooms.
We are now recruiting for a Cluster Meeting and Events Coordinator
As part of the cluster meeting and events team you will be responsible for providing product knowledge on all 7 hotel products and M&E services as part of any customer enquiries, responding in a pro-active manner to guest feedback and provides full administration support.
- First point of contact for M&E enquiries from agents/clients for Imperial London Hotels responding promptly to all enquiries and is and ensures all bookings are accurately entered into the system.
- Day to day checks bookings ensuring revenue and other information is correct for each event, and function sheets/ handover information is passed over internal departments
- Obtains all prepayments and reconcile account queries, process credit card charges making sure full payment is received before events.
- Greet clients on arrival to hotel at start of their function maintaining a presence throughout the event as required. Guide any couriers collecting or delivering equipment or documents for conferences.
- Undertakes pre-booked or walk-in show rounds and details meeting requirements for future bookings.
- Assists in hosting any promotion events as hotel or external sites as required by C&E Sales Manager.
- Represents the Cluster M&E team at hotel morning and evening team briefs in absence of manager.
- Demonstrates a service attitude that exceeds expectations with the ability to handle any enquiries in an efficient and professional manner
- Is a brand ambassador for Imperial London Hotels promoting a professional and welcoming image at all times.
What we’d like from you
- Previous experience within Conference and events sales environment would be beneficial.
- Experience in customer service both face to face and phone/ email.
- Has a genuine interest in providing the best service for our customer.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to balance different priorities.
- You will have the ability to effectively problem solve ensuring that any complaints are resolved in a calm and professional manner.
- Confident and engaging personality
- Working knowledge of Opera would be beneficial
- You will have a good level of spoken and written English
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets