Assistant Housekeeping Manager
Rotyal National Hotel
40 Hours (Fully Flexible 5 out of 7 days weekly rota)
Â£27,040 + Benefits
In joining our team, youâ€™ll be immediately welcomed into the Imperial London Hotels (ILH) family where we have a rich history of 175 years of hospitality experience creating unique guest experiences.
Our seven hotels are all located in the heart of Bloomsbury, Central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique Morton Hotel to our largest and lively Royal National hotel with a huge 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone from Housekeeper to Sous Chef and Shift Engineer to Hotel General Manager.
We are now recruiting for an Assistant Housekeeping Manager for our Royal National Hotel.
With over 3000+ rooms across our 7 hotels, our housekeeping teams are some of the hardest working teams making sure that you can enjoy a memorable experience and a comfortable stay at Imperial London Hotels.
As Assistant Housekeeping Manager you will set the standard for your housekeeping team, inspiring and developing them to deliver a consistently high standard of cleanliness across all Hotel rooms and public areas. Deputising for the Housekeeping Manager you will regularly liaising with Hotel Manager and all other HOD youâ€™ll support a successful day to day running and ensure guest satisfaction on every stay with us
Key Duties will include the following:
- Deputises in absence of Housekeeping Manager ensures that all aspects of housekeeping operation from allocating daily workload and supplies, and provides team training and development on company standards and procedures
- Conducts regular checks across guest accommodation and public areas in line with company brand standard and procedures ensuring they are clean and welcoming to guests at all times.
- Demonstrate knowledge of health and safety compliance inclusive of COSHH.
- Manages all audit processes to a high standard, ensuring 100% Health and Safety compliance throughout the hotel.
- Regularly inspect fixtures and fittings reporting any maintenance faults to maintenance team to be rectified in a timely manner
- Responsible for control of costs and stock supplies i.e. Â Laundry and amenities ordering and staff payroll.
- Support Housekeeping Manager with recruitment and onboarding all Housekeeping team members and inspiring them to deliver the best customer service at every opportunity, preparing schedules so that there is adequate staffing levels to run each shiftWe are now recruiting a Food and Beverage Manager for our Botanica restaurant in Bedford Hotel
What weâ€™d like from you
- Previous experience gained as Head Housekeeper or Housekeeping Supervisor with a passion for delivering the best standards and guest experience
- Personable and engaging able to build rapport easily, with great communication skills both with internal departments and guests alike.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy â€“ able to manage both your time and the team effectively.
- A multi-tasker â€“ with your excellent organisation skills, you can prioritise workload and also adapt to changing priorities where needed.
- You will be a natural leader, with the ability to motivate and develop a team to develop their skills and knowledge and coach them to reach their full potential.
- A positive can-do attitude, you are calm under pressure, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
What youâ€™ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets