Chef de Partie
Imperial Hotels London
40 hours a week (Fully flexible 5 out 7 days)
£27,000 + Benefits + Service Charge
Since 1837 Imperial London Hotels have been offering our guest a warm welcome across our 7 Hotels located in Bloomsbury, central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique The Morton Hotel to our largest site, and the largest hotel in the UK Royal National Hotel at 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone.
We are now recruiting Chef de Partie @ Imperial Hotels London.
Our Chefs have a passion for hospitality, using their culinary skills to deliver an unforgettable dining experience for our guests.
As Chef De Partie you’ll support your Sous Chef and Head Chef in delivering a consistently high-quality product within your section of responsibility, taking ownership to ensure presentation, taste and texture is followed as per Chef directions so that all food is delivered to a high standard and in a timely fashion. You’ll coach and develop newer chefs in their learning process, sharing your knowledge and passion always leading by example and ensure the team are aware of menu, any promotions, seasonal changes.
With your knowledge of all F&B items on the menu, you’ll be able to recommend combinations and upsell alternatives, bringing new ideas to the team to develop menus and recipes. Taking an active part in minimising wastage and stock supplies, you’ll highlight any issues to the senior kitchen team.
Overall, you’ll demonstrate an attitude that exceeds our guests’ expectations with the ability to handle any enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting any complaints to Sous or Head Chef as necessary.
What we’d like from you
- A passion for all things food! with experience gained in a busy kitchen operation working with fresh food ideally at a similar level or you may be a Commis Chef looking for your next role.
- Some of the following qualification :- City & Guilds 706/1 | 706/2 Catering - NVQ Level 2 - Level 1 and 2 Food Safety Awards
- Minimum 1 years relevant experience and Awareness of manual handling techniques
- You’ll have positive attitude and show a desire to improve your knowledge and abilities from on-going training, supported by your senior Kitchen team to help you reach your full potential.
- Hard working with great attention to detail, you’ll demonstrate your strong organisational and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Working with a diverse team you can work both independently and as a team player, building good working relationships across back of house and front of house teams.
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets