Bar Manager at Our Wolf & Whistle Bar
40 Hours (Fully Flexible 5 out of 7 days weekly rota)
£30,000 + Service Charge + Benefits
In joining our team, you’ll be immediately welcomed into the Imperial London Hotels (ILH) family where we have a rich history of 175 years of hospitality experience creating unique guest experiences.
Our seven hotels are all located in the heart of Bloomsbury, Central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique Morton Hotel to our largest and lively Royal National hotel with a huge 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone from Housekeeper to Sous Chef and Shift Engineer to Hotel General Manager.
We are now recruiting for a Bar Manager for our Tavistock Hotel re-opening this April 2022.
As Bar Manager you will support the Food and Beverage Manager and team at our Tavistock Hotel to help deliver an unforgettable dining experience for our guests through overseeing the service of food and beverages within the Bar. You will help create an exciting work atmosphere for the team to deliver great results and the highest standards of food and beverage and guest satisfaction consistently on each shift.
Key Duties will include the following:
- Ensure company H&S policy is maintained at all times and compliance with legislative and licensing requirements, dealing with licensing authorities as required.
- Liaise regularly with operational teams both Front of House and Back of house, but particularly F&B team so that they are updated on departmental performance.
- Receive and respond to all customer feedback ensuring satisfaction regularly, and that all guest feedback is dealt with in a professional and efficient manner.
- Responsible for stock ordering, acceptance and maintenance of stock levels and rotation and conduct monthly stock.
- Ensure that all cash procedures are adhered to and strictly monitored, including preparation and calculation of beverage bill and cashing up of tills
- Support F&B Manager with recruitment and onboarding off F&B team members, inspiring them to deliver the best customer service at every opportunity and assist with team schedules so that there is adequate staffing levels to run each shift.
What we’d like from you
- This role requires flexibility in working hours and shift patterns based on hotel occupancy
- Previous experience gained within F&B/ Café or restaurant with a passion for things food and beverage. An extensive knowledge of cocktails and spirits and cocktail trends would be beneficial
- A Passion for hospitality – you want to creating memorable experiences that leaves our guests wanting to come back again and again.
- Personable and engaging able to build rapport easily, with great communication skills both with internal departments and guests alike.
- Excellent attention to detail and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A natural leader you will support the F&B Manager to inspire and motivate the team, you will help develop their knowledge in wine, cocktail and beverage service
- Personal license Holder beneficial
- Experience of Micros or similar POS system is beneficial
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets