40 Hours (Fully Flexible 5 out of 7 days weekly rota)
£24,336.00 + Benefits
In joining our team, you’ll be immediately welcomed into the Imperial London Hotels (ILH) family where we have a rich history of 175 years of hospitality experience creating unique guest experiences.
Our seven hotels are all located in the heart of Bloomsbury, Central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique Morton Hotel to our largest and lively Royal National hotel with a huge 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone from Housekeeper to Sous Chef and Shift Engineer to Hotel General Manager.
We are now recruiting for a Housekeeping Supervisor for our 523 bedroom hotel.
With over 3000+ rooms across our 7 hotels, our housekeeping teams are some of the hardest working teams making sure that you can enjoy a memorable experience and a comfortable stay at Imperial London Hotels.
As Housekeeping Supervisor you act as a role model and mentor for the housekeeping team, inspiring and developing them to deliver a consistently high standard of cleanliness across all Hotel rooms and public areas. With your Housekeeping Manager you will regularly liaising with Hotel Manager and all other HOD to support a successful day to day running and ensure guest satisfaction on every stay with us
Key Duties will include the following:
- Allocate daily cleaning duties, issue keys, line and check that cleaning materials are in place and company procedures are followed, providing training and support for all team members.
- Undertake daily audit and spot checks to ensure rooms and all communal areas are presented to both a high standard of cleanliness and also company brand standards.
- Report any maintenance faults to line manager and follow up to ensure faults are rectified
- Ensure all objects reported as lost property are registered effectively and safely in the system
- Build strong working relationships with a all front of house operational teams on departmental performance so they are updated on information or issues.
- Support the Housekeeping Manager with recruitment and onboarding all housekeeping team members ensuring that the team perform to a high standard in line with company policy, supporting with regular reviews to ensure all goals are achieved.
What we’d like from you
- Previous experience gained at a supervisory level ideally gained within a housekeeping environment
- Confident and engaging personality with the ability to build rapport quickly with internal and external customers.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy – able to manage both your time and the team effectively.
- A multi-tasker – with your excellent organisation skills, you can prioritise workload and also adapt to changing priorities where needed.
- With your leadership and communication skills you will know how to coach and motivate the team to be the best they can and deliver great results.
- A positive can-do attitude, you are calm under pressure, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets