Imperial London Hotels based at Coram Street W1CN
40 hours a week (8.30am â€“ 5.00pm)
Circa Â£25,000 + Benefits
In joining our team, youâ€™ll be immediately welcomed into the Imperial London Hotels (ILH) family where we have a rich history of 175 years of hospitality experience creating unique guest experiences.
Our seven hotels are all located in the heart of Bloomsbury, Central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique Morton Hotel to our largest and lively Royal National hotel with a huge 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone from Housekeeper to Sous Chef and Shift Engineer to Hotel General Manager.
We are currently recruiting for a HR Admin / Business Partner Admin for Imperial London Hotels
Reporting to the Head of People and Development, you will work with another HR Business Partner providing expert and timely HR advice and support to c300+ Managers and employees here at Imperial London Hotels. This is a hands-on operational position where you will work in a small team, we are looking for an individual who is passionate about people and who wants to work in partnership with our hotels to deliver quality HR support. This role would suit someone who will thrive in an environment where you can problem solve and deliver results.
What youâ€™ll be doing
- Within your business divisions, you will develop a comprehensive understanding of operational and strategic challenges facing your business units to provide accurate and appropriate information, advice and support on all people and development matters ensuring compliance with employment law.
- Takes the lead on complex employee relation cases when required, chairing disciplinary and grievance hearing as required ensuring all cases are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Provides efficient and effective generalist advice on end-to-end employee lifecycle from onboarding, engagement, wellbeing, performance,
- Partners with Talent Manager on all recruitment and selection and talent management activity
- Coach and lead our Hotel Managers and Head of Department to create a culture of high performance and develop employee engagement to support business operational goals.
- Assists and leads where appropriate, on HR and business projects and initiatives.
- Is a trusted advisor and source of information on HR matters to all departments.
What weâ€™d like from you
- Proven generalist experience as an HR Officer or ER Advisor with a strong ER background looking to move into a business partnering role, ideally from within hospitality or similar customer facing business.
- You will have a strong understanding of UK employment law and Employee relations
- You will be working towards or have gained your CIPD level 2 in HR or equivalent qualification
- You will be extremely organised with the ability to prioritise a busy workload and adapt to changing priorities.
- A skilled problem solver with good situational judgement and initiative, able to make sound decisions based on information and deliver effective solutions.
- A positive self-motivated and passionate individual with the tenacity to challenge and influence
- Excellent stakeholder management experience with the ability to build rapport and trust at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in using MS Office Word, Excel, Email.
What youâ€™ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days.
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on site
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets