Front Office Manager
40 hours (5 / 7 days rota)
£36,000 + Benefits
In joining our team, you’ll be immediately welcomed into the Imperial London Hotels (ILH) family where we have a rich history of 175 years of hospitality experience creating unique guest experiences.
Our seven hotels are all located in the heart of Bloomsbury, Central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique Morton Hotel to our largest and lively Royal National hotel with a huge 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone from Housekeeper to Sous Chef and Shift Engineer to Hotel General Manager.
We are now recruiting a Front Office Manager for our 184 Room Bedford Hotel.
Putting our guests at the heart of everything you do, you make it your mission to ensure that you and your team deliver an exceptional guest journey from check in to check out.
Reporting to the Hotel Manager are a true brand ambassador for our business, acting as a role model for the team, leading by example to create a memorable guest experience for each guest, and address any shortfalls in service quality and operating standards.
Key Duties will include the following:
- Overall responsibility for all front office departments ensuring a high standard of service and delivery for all services and facilities, KPI and other targets
- Confidently handle any guest complaints in a timely manner and ensure that suitable solutions are reached to satisfaction of our guests.
- Establish guest satisfaction data and develops improvement plans to address service shortfalls in service quality and /or delivery standards
- Liaise regularly with Hotel Manager and other HOD across both front of house and back of house on departmental performance and that they are updated on information or issues.
- Takes and active role partnering with Marketing, sales and reservations to generate positive business growth.
- Monitor and maintains operational and overhead costs to maintain maximum revenue.
- Responsible for recruiting, onboarding all Reception and other front of house team members you will create a culture of continuous professional development empowering them to deliver and be the best.
What we’d like from you
- Previous experience as a Assistant Front Office Manager or Reception Manager in a similar operation
- A Passion for hospitality – you are all about creating memorable experiences for others no matter what time of day.
- Commercially focused with an understanding of how to maximise profits through revenue management. Experience of budgets, P&L and forecasting would be advantageous.
- Personable and engaging with the ability to build rapport easily, with great communication skills with both internal departments and guests alike
- A multi-tasker – with your excellent organisation skills, you can prioritise workload and also adapt to changing priorities where needed.
- You will be a natural leader with the ability to motivate and develop a team to reach their full potential both personally and professionally.
- A positive can-do attitude, you are calm under pressure, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft and knowledge of Reservation Systems (Opera)
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days.
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on site
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets