KITCHEN PORTER - HOLIDAY INN BLOOMSBURY
Permanent, Full Time
Every guest experience is at the heart of what we do and every team member is part of the ILH community
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and hardworking individual to join our independent family business. You will be joining as a role Kitchen Porter, ideal for someone who is looking for a career in culinary arts. You will receive training when you join and be supported by your head of department and team members to ensure you have a smooth journey with us.
- To take a primary role in keeping the kitchen up to the required level of cleanliness
- To ensure that all relevant equipment is cleaned and returned to the relevant department as efficiently as possible during busy trading periods
- To follow the daily/weekly cleaning schedule
- To clean the staff restaurant after each service session
- To keep the back of house corridors clean
- To follow the correct usage instructions on all chemicals and ensure that they are stored correctly
- To show willingness to take on additional responsibilities when necessary
- To undertake special duties or work outside the normal daily/weekly routine but within the overall scope of the position at the request of your Line Manager/Operations Manager.
- Control supplies and minimise wastage
- Maintain a level of broader knowledge which enables you to handle minor problems in all fields of the department.
- Comply with hotel rules and regulations and provisions contained in the employment handbook.
- Comply with company grooming and uniform standards.
- Comply with timekeeping and attendance policies.
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximise opportunities for
- Comply with the company corporate code of conduct at all times.
- Familiarise yourself with our winning ways which link to the desired behaviours that we expect all our employees to display.
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
- Desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include:
- Being attentive to guests
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests
- Understand and anticipate guest needs
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience
- Demonstrate a service attitude that exceeds expectations
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers.
- Be able to promote the health club/hotel products and services.
- To ensure that all areas under their control are maintained to a very high standard of cleanliness and safety in accordance with Company policy, Health and Safety, Statutory Requirements.
- Demonstrate an understanding and an awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
- Familiarise yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of your line manager. Obtain a thorough working knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 specifically relating to his/her main area of duty, also to general aspects of the hotel.
- Adhere to COSHH regulations.
Perform other duties as assigned.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Kitchen Porter, please click APPLY below to register your interest!