Food & Beverage Assistant
Royal National Hotel
- Taking orders and serving guests
- Attending to guest needs and informing guests on services offered in the bar, restaurant, café and/or function space
- Handling guest questions and complaints or escalating to Supervisor / Heads of Department if necessary
- Preparing food and drinks, including panini, sandwiches, drinks etc.
- Baking and preparation of pastries
- Preparing and serving cold/hot beverages and other bar and barista duties
- Undertaking ‘waiting at table’ service when required
- Clearing and cleaning tables, stations or counters
- Replenishing food and beverages at service areas
- Removing used crockery, cutlery and glassware to bar or back of house areas
- Undertaking cleaning activities as and when required, such as vacuuming, washing floors, cleaning down machines/workstations, polishing silverware, cleaning down kitchen etc.
- Cash handling
- Setting up and closing meetings and function spaces
- Undertaking storage area duties, including, organisation, storing tables, chairs and other Company items to the correct standard
- General meeting and events duties
- Removing rubbish / emptying bins
- Placing orders for bar/kitchen stock
- Opening and closing of premises
- Manual handling, heavy lifting and high-level cleaning as required in the meetings and events rooms, restaurants, storage areas and other areas of the hotels.
- Ability to understand and fulfil event function sheet information
- Set up AV equipment and assist client with their use
- Undertake show-rounds for current and potential bookings, punctually and professionally, presenting a positive impression of the hotels
- To set up Conference and Banqueting suites in accordance with venue function requirements, ensuring the brand standards are maintained throughout.
- To have a knowledge of setting up, safe operation, storage and safe handling and care of venue Conference and Banqueting audio/visual equipment.
- To service and breakdown Conference and Banqueting rooms as directed (this will imply furniture shifting as well).
- To ensure all storage areas for equipment are kept in a safe and tidy condition.
- To be fully aware of and observe security procedures laid down by the venue.
- Other ad hoc duties in support of the department, hotel and/or the Imperial London Hotel as and when required
- Customer service (face-to-face)
- Able to communicate in English to CEFR B1 (Intermediate)
- Numerate (for cash handling)
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in this role, please click APPLY below to register your interest!