- Monitor and maintain consistent food standards and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and supply to ensure the HACCP procedures.
- In conjunction with the Head Chef in the development and design of seasonal menus and ensure are costed accurately, achieve food budgeted cost controls and ensure minimum wastage.
- Follow recipes, presentation guidelines and menus as directed by the Head Chef.
- Ensure that appropriate methods of cooking and presentation are used to maintain high standards of service.
- Responsible for staff scheduling and discipline
- Assists in manage a day-to-day operation of the kitchen
- Ensures that all kitchen employees consistently adhere to uniform, grooming and appearance standards.
- Conducts quality control checks of goods received (i.e. fresh meat, fish), ensuring legal and quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure that a good standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained throughout the kitchen, to meet the required health & safety standards of practice.
- Ensure all equipment used is well maintained, in good working order and to log any defect and report to the Head Chef.
- Carry out good food safety management, temperature controls and HACCP documentation according to current Food Hygiene regulations.
- To prepare, cook and present well-balanced meals and specialised dishes to the highest quality incorporating cultural and dietary needs as required.
- Work as part of the kitchen team under the direction of the Head Chef
- Work in a clean and tidy manner.
- Flexible and committed in terms of shifts and hours.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses as when required.
- Comply with the provisions of your contract and any of our Company Policies.
- Other ad hoc duties in support of the department, hotel and/or the Imperial London Hotel as and when required
- Previous experience working in a professional kitchen
- Experience of complying with H&S requirements relating to working in a kitchen environment