Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for an experienced Chef de Partie to join our enthusiastic, energetic and hardworking kitchen team. You will be responsible in supporting senior management team to drive the daily operations within the kitchen department and ensuring standard operation procedures are followed at all times.
- In the absence of the Head Chef and Sous Chef, conduct shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known
- Prepares, cooks, serves and stores the following dishes:
- Meat dishes and meat marinades
- Fish, shellfish and sauces for fish and shell fish
- Garnishing techniques and methods of service for fish
- Pastry, cakes and yeast goods
- Petits fours and desserts
- Buffet Food
- Prepares Regional Dishes appropriate to the hotel menu, location and guest mix.
- Provides direction to the Kitchen staff, including Commis, and Kitchen Porters.
- Communicates to Line Manager any difficulties, guest or internal customer comment and other relevant information.
- Attends and participates in daily briefings and other meetings as scheduled.
- Prepares in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service.
- Cleans and re-sets his/her working area.
- Control supplies and minimize wastage
- Maintain a level of broader knowledge which enables you to handle minor problems in all fields of the department.
- Comply with hotel rules and regulations and provisions contained in the employment handbook.
- Comply with company grooming and uniform standards.
- Comply with timekeeping and attendance policies.
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximise opportunities for
- Comply with the company corporate code of conduct at all times.
- Familiarise yourself with our core values which link to the desired behaviours that we expect all our employees to display.
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
- Desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include:
- Being attentive to guests
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests
- Understand and anticipate guest needs
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience
- Demonstrate a service attitude that exceeds expectations
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers.
- Ensuring all food items are produced to company specifications
- Production of daily allergen sheet is signed off.
- To ensure that all areas under their control are maintained to a very high standard of cleanliness and safety in accordance with Company policy, Health and Safety, Statutory Requirements.
- Demonstrate an understanding and an awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
- Familiarise yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of your line manager. Obtain a thorough working knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 specifically relating to his/her main area of duty, also to general aspects of the hotel.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.