BEDFORD HOTEL PART OF IMPERIAL HOTELS GROUP
The Food and Beverage mixologist assists the manager to deliver service standards, maintain quality equipment and is consistent in product presentation and service. Will be required to support other operational areas as business requires. This position must always remain flexible regarding working hours and shift patterns, which may differ in times of high occupancy.
The associate’s main objectives are to ensure a consistent and quality service is delivered to all guests. The associate is to assist the manager with achieving high scores on guest satisfaction surveys, recognising repeat guests and to do what it takes to ensure all guest needs are met – within reason
At Bedford Hotel we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the manager to control beverage cost through beverage wastage and transfers of stock.
- Ensure checks are presented to all guests during service to secure full payment for all products and services offered.
- Understand how to efficiently process payments, count floats for accuracy and enforce cash handling procedures.
- Assist in a monthly stock take.
- Maintain an honest operation when pouring wines and spirits behind the bar in respect to cost controls set forth by the manager.
- Encourage a positive working environment.
- Supports the manager with up-selling features.
- Respects colleagues while on shift and works closely with cocktail servers to deliver memorable experiences
- Actively participate in associate briefings and team meetings.
- Assist the manager to drive Heartbeat (guest satisfaction program) by providing consistent guest experiences.
- Feed back positive and constructive guest feedback to the manager.
- Constantly critique quality levels of service and product consistency and provide suggestions to the manager.
The associate does not have any direct reports.
This position reports directly into the outlet manager and must work closely with key department heads, included but not limited to: front of house teams, kitchen teams, stewarding teams, concierge, security associates, guest relations managers, duty engineers, housekeeping public attendants and F&B leadership team members.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Examples of organizational and English communication skills must be displayed.
Profound knowledge of customer service and of all beverage products such as spirits, wines, beers, cocktail and cocktail preparation methods.
Micros or other similar POS system knowledge is taken into consideration.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.