BEDFORD HOTEL PART OF IMPERIAL HOTELS GROUP
Manage the bar/lounge operations of the hotel to ensure the achievement of established beverage quality and guest service quality standards and departmental revenue and profit goals. Adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
At BEDFORD HOTEL we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver Food and Beverage service of high standard and in accordance with departmental standards and procedures.
- Develop departmental standards and procedures to promote salesmanship, beverage creativity and profit.
- Communicates to his/her superior any difficulties, guest comments and other relevant information.
- Delivers daily briefings and attends other Food and Beverage meetings as scheduled.
- Delivers prepared training sessions in line with a departmental monthly calendar.
- Prepares for service by ensuring the department’s SOP.
- Carries out effective service by ensuring all staff are aware of their role.
- Carries out effective beverage service by ensuring:
- Beverages are up sold and regularly replenished, abiding by responsible alcohol service regulations.
- Converse with Guests about wine, advising the types and styles of wine, taking wine orders and serving wine.
- Promoting and selling cocktails to guests
- Making and presenting cocktails
- Coffee and tea is served hot and in accordance with standard
- Patron care standards are adhered to by ensuring:
- Guests are advised on alcoholic beverages.
- The strength of alcohol is advised, and guests are advised as to their effect.
- Compliance with legal provisions of local liquor codes
- Level of intoxication of guests is assessed and appropriate action taken.
- Advise guest on the hotel’s policy of smoking.
- Monitor factors which interfere with the total experience of the guest
- Cellar operations are carried out including:
- Correct use of refrigeration system
- Effective operation of the post-mix syrups bulk dispenses system.
- Operating the beer reticulation system
- Adhering to stock control procedures
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints.
- Requisition bar items according to bar stocks
- Train bar attendant, wait help and bus help in basic beverage knowledge and beverage service.
- Complete spillage report and submit to Food and Beverage manager at the Conclusion of each shift.
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager to source and review outlet musicians.
- Assist to promote the musicians.
- Design promotional material which is aimed at increasing revenue, covers and profit for the Bar with the approval of the Food and Beverage Manager
- Works with Superior on manpower planning and management needs
- Works with Superior in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Required Skills –
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand, and the Company.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local government agency.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Good writing skills
- Leadership Skills
- Diploma in Hotel Management, Food & Beverage, or related field.
- 4 years related experience, including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.