- Every guest experience is at the heart of what we do and every team member is part of the ILH community.
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
- Responsible for all aspects of running the department from training and development to rotas and budgeting.
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all room categories and amenities
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Allocate daily cleaning duties, issue keys, linen, cleaning materials and inspect rooms to ensure they are thoroughly cleaned
- Ensure that every detail is attended to and whether cleaning or repairs are required
- Liaise closely with Reception to ensure the correct and most efficient allocation of rooms takes place.
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
- To ensure the hotel bedrooms and public areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness, in line with Company standards.
- To ensure that all public areas are clean and welcoming to guests at all times.
- To ensure all standard checklists are implemented, used as prescribed and are achieved in all areas.
- To ensure the cleanliness and checking of guests’ accommodation is carried out efficiently and that it is clean according to the Company brand standards.
- To report any maintenance faults, and follow up to ensure that the faults are rectified.
- Inspect, regularly, all fixtures, fittings, and appliances to ensure compliance to standards and take action as necessary to conform to standard
- To implement and maintain an effective and secure guest property lost/found system.
- Dealing with Little Bill Laundry for line supplies and the Purchasing Department for cleaning materials and guest supplies, such as soap, shampoo, etc.
- Controlling supply costs, as well as laundry, maintenance and wages
- To have a practical approach and an eye for detail.
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
- Manage departmental recruitment and retention planning and activity according to budget/manpower planning levels.
- Overseeing Housekeepers responsibilities and making sure they adhere to their duties through spot checks.
- Overseeing stock takes, budgets and other paperwork, such as maintenance reports and safety audits
- To supervise, train and motivate team to achieve Company Standards, and also to comply with relevant legislation.
- Carry out 1:1 meetings and performance review with team members and agree development training and action plans.
- Demonstrate management, leadership, good communication and strong organisational skills.
- Constant reviews leading to improvement and effectively delegate tasks to housekeepers.
- Motivate and inspire the team to perform and ensure goals are achieved.
Other ad hoc duties in support of the department, hotel and/or the Imperial London Hotel as and when required