40 hours Fully Flexible 5 out of 7 days weekly rota
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Since 1837 Imperial London Hotels have been offering our guest a warm welcome across our 7 Hotels located in Bloomsbury, central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique The Morton Hotel to our largest site, and the largest hotel in the UK Royal National Hotel at 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone.
- Assists with the preparation, presentation, decoration and menu dishes including:
- Meat dishes and meat marinades
- Fish, shell fish and sauces for fish and shell fish
- Garnishing techniques and methods of service for fish
- Pastry, cakes and yeast goods
- Petit fours and desserts
- Prepares Regional Dishes appropriate to the hotel menu, location and guest mix.
- Buffet Food
- Communicates to his/her superior any difficulties, guest or internal customer comment and other relevant information.
- Attends and participates in daily briefings and other meetings as scheduled.
- Prepares in advance food, material and equipment needed for the service.
- Cleans and re-sets his/her working area.
- Control supplies and minimise wastage
- Maintain a level of broader knowledge to handle minor problems in all fields of the department.
- Comply with hotel rules and regulations and provisions contained in the employment handbook.
- Comply with company grooming and uniform standards.
- Comply with timekeeping and attendance policies.
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximise opportunities for self development.
- Comply with the company corporate code of conduct at all times.
- Familiarise yourself with our core values which link to the desired behaviours that we expect all our employees to display.
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
- Desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include:-
- Being attentive to guests
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests
- Understand and anticipate guest needs
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience
- Demonstrate a service attitude that exceeds expectations
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers.
- Ensuring all food items are produced to company specifications.
- To ensure that all areas under their control are maintained to a very high standard of cleanliness and safety in accordance with Company policy, Health and Safety, Statutory Requirements.
- Demonstrate an understanding and an awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
- Familiarise yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of your line manager. Obtain a thorough working knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 specifically relating to his/her main area of duty, also to general aspects of the hotel.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Other ad hoc duties in support of the department, hotel and/or the Imperial London Hotel as and when required