Royal National Hotel
40 hours Fully Flexible 5 out of 7 days weekly rota
£11.70 per hour + Benefits
Since 1837 Imperial London Hotels have been offering our guest a warm welcome across our 7 Hotels located in Bloomsbury, central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique The Morton Hotel to our largest site, and the largest hotel in the UK Royal National Hotel at 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone.
- Assist the Hotel Management with recruitment, training, room cleanliness standards, brand standards and staff retention when required
- Supervise and mentor the Housekeeping operations to ensure they achieve and maintain Company and hotel quality standards
- Undertake daily audit and spot checks using such systems as may be provided by the Company (e.g. Knowcross)
- Allocate daily cleaning duties, issue keys, linen, check that cleaning materials are in place and procedures followed to keep Housekeeping staff performing to a high standard
- Promote and use the tools, systems, software and procedures implemented to support the whole operations and communication with other departments when required.
- Ensure are communal and public areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and in accordance with Company standards
- Ensure rooms and all communal / public spaces are presented to a high standard and are welcoming to guests
- Ensure any Company issued Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are implemented and maintained
- Ensure the cleanliness and checking of guests’ accommodation is carried out efficiently and rooms are presented in accordance with Company brand standards.
- Report any maintenance faults and follow up to ensure that the faults are rectified
- Ensure all objects reported as lost property are registered effectively and safely in the system, following the Company's procedures.
- Report and request stocks (linen and consumables) for daily operation as required
- Ensure any machinery used, e.g. floor cleaners, vacuums, are in working order and according to the Register
- Assist with supervision and management of training, retention, planning and activity according to budget/manpower planning levels.
- Supervise Housekeeping team to ensure they adhere to their duties and responsibilities through spot checks and audits
- Supervise floor stock takes, floor budgets and other paperwork, such as maintenance reports and safety audits
- Supervise, train and motivate floor Housekeeping team to perform to a high standard in accordance with expectations and Company Standards (SOP)
- Where appropriate conduct 1:1 meetings and performance reviews with floor Housekeeping team and agree development training and action plans
- Role model good management, leadership, communication and organisational skills
- Conduct regular reviews with Housekeeping team to support continuous improvement
- Ensure effective delegation of tasks when necessary
- Motivate and inspire the Housekeeping team to ensure goals are achieved
- Ensure full compliance with relevant legislation as well as Company policies and procedures
- Ensure a culture of continuous professional development is nurtured across the department
- Other ad hoc duties in support of the department, hotel and/or the Imperial London Hotel as and when required