Holiday Inn Bloomsbury
40 hours (Fully Flexible 5 out of 7 days weekly rota)
£10.85 per hour + service charge + Benefits
Since 1837 Imperial London Hotels have been offering our guest a warm welcome across our 7 Hotels located in Bloomsbury, central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique The Morton Hotel to our largest site, The Royal National Hotel at 1630-bedrooms, and our newest Hotel addition to the group Holiday Inn Bloomsbury and IHG Hotel, we have a role here for everyone.
We are now recruiting Kitchen Porters for our Holidy Inn Bloomsbury hotel.
As Kitchen Porter you are key member of team and while you won’t be cooking, you’ll support both the front of house and back of house teams making sure the restaurant operation runs like clockwork.
Your key duties will include; assisting the kitchen and restaurant with washing plates, cutlery and other Kitchen utensils, ensure the kitchen is maintained to the highest standards of hygiene through cleaning of appliances and all surface areas, adhere to company policy controls and standards (due diligence and HSE), maintain food safety at all times whether storing, holding or preparing food.
What we’d like from you
If you have gained previous experience in a kitchen environment that’s great, but most importantly you’ll be willing to learn. We’ll provide you with the training on what you need to do daily but will also support your career and development if you want to progress further in the kitchen. With your positive attitude and hard-working ethic, you’ll take pride in own appearance and enjoy working in an exciting environment as a key part of a busy kitchen team.
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Global discount for all IHG properties for you and your friends and family.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets