Permanent, Full Time 40 hours a week (Fully flexible 5 out 7 days)
£12.00 + Service charge + Benefits
Since 1837 Imperial London Hotels have been offering our guest a warm welcome across our 7 Hotels located in Bloomsbury, central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique The Morton Hotel to our largest site, and the largest hotel in the UK Royal National Hotel at 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for an experienced Chef to join our enthusiastic, energetic and hardworking kitchen team. You will be responsible in supporting senior management team to drive the daily operations within the kitchen department and ensuring standard operation procedures are followed at all times.
- Proven supervisory experience gained through working in a busy professional kitchen
- Level 2 Food Safety in Catering
- Basic Allergens course
- Able to communicate in English level CEFR B2-C2 (Intermediate/Advanced)
- Good communication skills
- Competent user of MS office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Confident user of IT systems
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be familiar with and follow the safe methods in the food safety management system
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and do nothing that could make food harmful
- Support development of new menus, recipes and dishes in conjunction with Head Chef, Sous Chef and/or Chef Supervisor
- Follow recipes, presentation guidelines and menus as directed by the Head Chef, Sous Chef and/or Chef Supervisor
- Preserve food quality
- Ensure all equipment used is well maintained, in good working order and to log any defect and report to Chef Supervisor, Sous Chef or Head Chef as appropriate.
- To prepare, cook and present well-balanced meals and specialised dishes to the highest quality incorporating cultural and dietary needs as required.
- Bring new ideas to the department in order to develop new menus and recipes.
- Assist with training and development of all staff members, undertaken induction for new staff members as and when required
- Work as part of the kitchen team under the direction of the Head Chef, Sous Chef and/or Chef Supervisor (as applicable)
- Attend mandatory training days/courses as when required.
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies and legislative requirements
Rewards & Benefits
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets