Transport Team Manager
Little Bill Laundry – part of Imperial London Hotels
Leyton, E10 7QE
40 hours a week – £45k + Benefits
Laundry opening hours 8.00am – 4.30pm though Drivers will start from 6.00am shift
Our Laundry service – Little Bill Laundry – located in Leyton provides washing services and linen rental producing over 500,00 items a week for our 7 Imperial London Hotels and other hotel brands across central London. We are a family run business with over 113 years of experience and are committed to providing a green, sustainable and reliable service though our investment in the best machinery and operating a fleet of CNG vehicles to lead the way for sustainable laundry processes.
As Transport Manager for our ‘Little Bill ‘Laundry site at Leyton position will involve working alongside the Laundry Operations Manager and supervise a transport team of up to 10 drivers and fleet of 6 lorries ensuring they are working to Company guidelines and transport regulations.
What you’ll be doing
- Produce the weekly transport plan and weekly route efficiency based on hotel requirements to cover all collections and deliveries.
- Set weekly targets for drivers and van assistant ensuring pre agreed deliveries are achieved on time.
- Reports daily day-to-day deliveries and collections in all hotels to Laundry Operations and General Manager. Inform Hotel clients immediately on any changes to weekly linen delivery plan and take action as needed to manage its success.
- Ensure that driver best-practice is always followed, measure and control the reduction of vehicle damage.
- Ensure that company procedure is followed for driver loading and unloading cages, strict cleaning measures are followed with corrective PPE usage, and that the driver team are wearing right uniforms
- Conduct regular vehicle fleet inspections and maintain records. Investigate any accidents and implement corrective measures when required and re-training as needed.
- Liaise with garage for vehicle maintenance, MOT, PMI, tail lift inspections etc.
- Recruit, train and develop team through day-to-day coaching to ensure KPIs are met. Carry out performance reviews to support individual development and management of poor performance.
- Responsible for maintaining drivers are working with working time and driving hours regulations. Monthly check on Driver’s licence report sped. Hold regular meetings on training, development and performance addressing issues as necessary
What we’d like from you
You will hold a full UK Class C Driving Licence
Experience in transport operations or similar operation would be beneficial
Has an understanding of drivers hours law and Working Time Directive legislation.
Able to work logistically and systematically to solve problems and make decisions.
Flexible and adaptable to change to meet demands of business by Hotel Clients
You will be self-motivated and a good team player, who is able to build positive relationships with internal and external customers
Excellent communication skills, with ability to deal with individuals at any level
Has a flexible leadership style and knows how to motivate the team to achieve great results.
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Discounted room rate across our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel) and Friend and Family discounted room rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.