Laundry Operations Manager
Little Bill Laundry – part of Imperial London Hotels
Leyton, E10 7QE
40 hours a week – circa £40K + Benefits Laundry opening hours 8.00am – 4.30pm
Our Laundry service – Little Bill Laundry – located in Leyton provides washing services and linen rental producing over 500,00 items a week for our 7 Imperial London Hotels and other hotel brands across central London. We are a family run business with over 113 years of experience and are committed to providing a green, sustainable and reliable service though our investment in the best machinery and operating a fleet of CNG vehicles to lead the way for sustainable laundry processes.
As Laundry Operations Manager you will be responsible for the day to day running of our ‘Little Bill’ - Leyton site managing a team of 5 Shift Leaders working closely with the with the Transport Manager and Engineering Manager in the absence of the General Manager.
What you’ll be doing
Ensure an efficient running of the day-to-day operational practices and standards to meet KPI targets on productivity and maintain customer service agreement through:
- Supervising the operations team and to deliver all laundry items to required quality standards and line with company productivity and efficiency guidelines, whilst ensuring that minimal rejected linen is sent to hotels and pre-agreed weekly delivery dates are achieved.
- Produce the weekly laundry operations plan including training, H&S, operations and QC requirements
- Set weekly targets for operations team, ensuring there is enough staffing resource to meet required weekly production.
- Identify, manage and rectify any quality issues notifying Laundry General Manager and team as necessary. Investigate accidental damage to Linen and establish measures to keep washing process and rewashing process KPI within targets.
- Build strong working relationships with internal/ external client housekeepers and Hotel General Managers. Informing them immediately on changes on weekly linen delivery plan.
- Review annual operations department budget and review deviations, implementing measures to keep operational department costs to or below budget.
- Procurement of linen and other items within agreed budget, ensuring delivery notes and invoices are reconciled.
- Ensure there is a safe, clean and tidy working environment for team at all times by ensuring the team are wearing relevant PPE and handling aids for tasks, providing appropriate specialist and manual handling training, adequate cover with First Aiders and Fire Wardens on shift.
- Recruit, train and develop team through day-to-day coaching to ensure KPIs are met. With Shift Leaders carry out performance reviews to support individual development and management of poor performance.
What we’d like from you
Previous experience managing a commercial Laundry Operation
Excellent knowledge of production management, understanding of quality standards and H&S regulations
Great communication skills able to effectively build strong working relationships at all levels.
Excellent organisational and leadership skills and is able to handle changing priorities
Strong decision-making skills with a results driven approach
Knows how to get the best of their team and can create a positive team working environment and help them reach their individual potential.
Is self-motivated, takes pride in their work and prioritises the safety of themselves and others at all times.
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Discounted room rate across our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel) and Friend and Family discounted room rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.