Little Bill Laundry – part of Imperial London Hotels
Leyton, E10 7QE
40 hours a week – £25k - £30K (Dependant on Experience) + Benefits
Laundry opening hours 8.00am – 4.30pm
Our Laundry service – Little Bill Laundry – located in Leyton provides washing services and linen rental producing over 500,00 items a week for our 7 Imperial London Hotels and other hotel brands across central London. We are a family run business with over 113 years of experience and are committed to providing a green, sustainable and reliable service though our investment in the best machinery and operating a fleet of CNG vehicles to lead the way for sustainable laundry processes.
As Shift Leader you will be responsible for managing a team of up to 23 Laundry Operators at site working with 4 other Shift leaders at this site. Reporting to the Laundry Operations Manager you will support with the day to day running of all production lines to maintain productivity on KPI targets and quality of product is maintained.
What you’ll be doing
- Follow the laundry weekly operations plan set by the Laundry Operations Manager to meet the weekly targets, ensuring pre-agreed deliveries are achieved on time and that minimal rejected linen is sent to hotels according to QC guidelines.
- Prepare and process items to required standard using appropriate equipment to company guidelines on productivity and efficiency meeting customer commitment guarantee.
- Inform customer and Line Manager immediately on any change of the weekly linen delivery plan and take necessary action. Identify occurrence of linen abuse and report this to line manager.
- Identify and rectify quality issues. Investigate cause of accidental damage to linen in laundry and establish measures to keep the washing and rewashing process KPIs within set targets.
- Ensure the H&S of team during shift making sure that all Laundry Operators are wearing relevant PPE and handling aids for all tasks, and that there is always Frist Aiders and Fire Wardens available on shift.
- Support the Laundry Operations Manager in recruitment, training and development through providing day-to-day coaching of team performance to ensure KPIs are met. Carry out performance reviews to support individual development and management of poor performance.
- Regular inspection of laundry equipment and maintain relevant records. Produce daily linen reports on each laundry section and daily checks on team performance.
What we’d like from you
Previous work experience in a laundry department would be beneficial.
Has an understanding of commercial laundry washing process to understand how to resolve issues if this is not working effectively.
Has an understanding of quality control within a similar environment and is aware of general health and safety regulations in the workplace.
Knows how to get the best of their team and can create a positive team working environment and help them reach their individual potential.
Good organisation skills and can handle changing priorities.
Able to communicate effectively and build good working relationships with others.
Is self-motivated, takes pride in their work and prioritises the safety of themselves and others at all times.
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Discounted room rate across our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel) and Friend and Family discounted room rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.