Maintenance Team Manager
Royal National Hotel
Permanent, 40 hours
£30K + Benefits
Since 1837 Imperial London Hotels have been offering our guest a warm welcome across our 7 Hotels located in Bloomsbury, central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique The Morton Hotel to our largest site, and the largest hotel in the UK Royal National Hotel at 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for an experienced Maintenance Team Manager managing a team of 15 Shift Engineers and Painter and Decorators to join our enthusiastic, energetic and hardworking team. You will provide leadership and expertise to achieve the highest standards of maintenance of guest rooms and public areas in one of the largest hotels in the UK.
- Working with hotel/hospitality/Guest & Visitors.
- NVQ Level 2/ 3 maintenance qualification or relevant experience in maintaining buildings
- Completed a fully indentured apprenticeship with a mechanical/ electrical/ electronic discipline
- Plumbing, Heating, Drainage & other Maintenance specific tasks
- Good practical and technical skills.
- Communication skills.
- An understanding of engineering drawings and principles.
- The ability to work quickly and under pressure.
- The ability to manage a varied workload.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Maintenance Manager, with all aspects of running the department from training and development to rotas and budgeting.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager, taking responsibility for the management and performance of the department.
- Maintain a current and thorough knowledge of all maintenance systems
- Supervise the implementation of maintenance standards and procedures.
- Engage in positive communication in your department and externally
- Establish and instruct team members in security and Health & Safety procedures.
- Ensure all team members are fully trained in on job skills and support their personal development/career paths
- Perform all routine preventative maintenance and curative maintenance.
- Maintain clean and tidy plant rooms.
- Attend to all types of repair and maintenance work in the Hotel premises, including any new additions / extensions to the Hotel or any other properties maintained by the Hotel.
- Repair and maintain guest room facilities, light facilities, furniture, and equipment.
- Assist with the implementation of the hotel’s preventative maintenance plan.
- Participate in instructing colleagues on the proper operation, safety procedures and cleaning of all equipment.
- Establish and maintain proper parts inventory levels.
- Implement and carry out maintenance program in accordance with established timeframes.
- Carry out and document regular inspections of plant and equipment.
- Ensure that appropriate files are maintained, and resources kept for future reference.
- Complete daily reports outlining work undertaken for the day.
- Explore and incorporate environmentally friendly initiatives.
- Efficient and effective use of recycling methods.
- Understand the emergency and evacuation procedures within your hotel and be competent within your areas of responsibility
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximise opportunities for self-development.
- Desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training.
- Working hours are a minimum or 40 hours per week on any 5 days out of seven
- Additional hours may be required for the proper performance of your duties without renumeration.
What you will get in return.
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets