Royal National Hotel
40 hours Fully Flexible 5 out of 7 days weekly rota
£12.50 per hour + Benefits
Since 1837 Imperial London Hotels have been offering our guests a warm welcome across our 7 hotels located in Bloomsbury, central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique the Morton Hotel and our largest and lively hotel the Royal National at 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone.
We are now recruiting Shift Engineers for our Royal National hotel.
With over 3076 bedrooms, 10 restaurants across our 7 Imperial London Hotels, our maintenance team are never short of something to do. Working with the Maintenance Manager you are responsible for making sure our hotels and other buildings are well presented and maintained at all times to ensure we deliver an exceptional experience for our guests.
No two days are ever the same in this role, though some of your key duties will include; general building repairs, minor electrical work, painting, carpentry work, outdoor landscaping and grounds maintenance, testing and monitoring the BMS and supervising contractors where necessary.
You’ll coordinate your daily tasks and any other scheduled maintenance activity with your front of house team to ensure requests are managed promptly and in a timely manner whilst operating in a safe and efficient way according to all H&S legislation and company policy.
What we’d like from you
If you’ve gained previous experience as a Shift Engineer or in general maintenance tasks that would be beneficial, though we are looking for an individual who loves to roll up their sleeves and isn’t shy of hard work, we’ll provide the training and support that you need to be successful in your role.
Flexible and adaptable with a can-do attitude, you have the ability to prioritise workload and deal with potential emergency situations if the arise. Able to work independently and as a team player, you’ll be comfortable both front and back of house from the kitchens to the guest bedrooms, and confident in speaking to both our guests and individuals across the business
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets