Assistant F&B Manager
40 hours Fully Flexible 5 out of 7 days weekly rota
£27,000 + Benefits
Since 1837 Imperial London Hotels have been offering our guest a warm welcome across our 7 Hotels located in Bloomsbury, central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique The Morton Hotel to our largest site, and the largest hotel in the UK Royal National Hotel at 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone.
What you’ll be doing
- Support the F&B Manager in Overseeing the service of food and beverages within the outlets and maintain overall responsibility for the kitchen, food preparation and beverage service throughout the outlets.
- Report and liaise regularly with the RN Operational leadership and management team regarding departmental performance and ensure they are informed of any relevant information or issues.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external customers.
- Liaise with Human Resources department regarding people management including recruitment needs, training analysis / delivery and employee relations.
- Receive and respond to all customer feedback and complaints including check customer satisfaction regularly, ensuring all guest feedback is dealt with in a professional and efficient manner.
- Deal with licensing authorities and any other official bodies when required, keeping up to date with licensing legislation, enforcing legislative and licensing requirements and in-house security policies.
- Ensure the Company Health, Hygiene & Safety Policies are always met.
- Ensure the outlets are clean and hygienic, making sure cleaning rotas are adhered to and appropriate records kept.
- Ensure employee conduct, uniform and personal hygiene requirements are adhered to and inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
- Ensure the outlets are run smoothly daily & are adequately stocked with all necessary goods.
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labour forecasts; adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands.
- Report and where possible act in any incidents of complaint, accident, fire, loss or damage..
- Overseeing or liaising with the kitchen
- Ensure cash procedures are adhered to and strictly monitored, including preparation and calculation of beverage bills and cashing up of tills.
- Take responsibility for stock, including ordering, acceptance, and maintenance of stock levels and stock rotation, and return of any sub-standard items.
- Review sales and beverage costs for previous day; resolve discrepancies with Accounts. Track actual against budget.
- Provide the Head of Department with quarterly revenue and cost figures for the outlet
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
What we’d like from you
- Proven experience as a / Food & Beverage / Bar / Café / Restaurant / Hospitality Manager
- Proven experience in event management including conferences, banqueting etc.
- Proven experience in people management and team engagement
- Experience in high quality customer service
- Personal Licence Holder.
- Food Safery Level 3
- Food Hygiene Level 3
- Great customer service skills
- Knows how to motivate the team to deliver great results and reach their full potential
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets