Imperial Hotels London – based at Royal National Hotel
40 hours a week. Fully Flexible hours within 8.00am to 8.00pm
£24,000 + Benefits
Since 1837 Imperial London Hotels have been offering our guest a warm welcome across our 7 Hotels located in Bloomsbury, central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique The Morton Hotel to our largest site, and the largest hotel in the UK Royal National Hotel at 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone.
As Reservations Agent you are the first point of contact that our guests have with Imperial London Hotels, building rapport and trust quickly over the telephone, understanding their individual requirements to enjoy a memorable stay at one of our 7 London hotels.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about delivering a world class customer service, finding solutions to meet our guests needs, ensuring that they continue to return to Imperial London Hotels.
What you’ll be doing
Your key duties will be as follows:
- First point of contact with our guests, travel agents or other third-party partners ensuring that any disputes are resolved in an efficient and professional manner.
- Responds promptly with reservations for Imperial London Hotel group, updates and amends bookings through Opera, ensuring that all bookings are accurately entered into the system in a timely manner.
- Responds positively to all sales enquiries and is able to convert enquiries into future bookings.
- Manages bookings via various systems such as IHotelier, Expedia, Partner Central and Travelclick.
- Works closely with Group/ Contacts team ensuring a smooth co-operation with suppliers and maintaining a good working relationship
- Receives and monitoring daily reservations request from suppliers, ensuring correct rates are confirmed and bookings comply with contracts.
- Provides our guests with good knowledge of our hotel facilities, public areas, restaurants and bedroom types.
- Supports Hotel Reception teams within hotel group ensuring any reservation or payment queries are resolved promptly.
- Keeps up to date and provides information on new and current offers, packages, price and information about the hotels in the group.
- Makes considered and throughout booking and allocation decision based on availability and knowledge of prevailing market conditions.
- Provides full website support to Guests as required.
What we’d like from you
- Previous experience gained in a Reservations or Call Centre environment
- You will have a good level of spoken and written English
- Has a genuine interest in providing the best service for the customer
- Has a confident and engaging telephone manner with ability to build rapport quickly.
- You will have the ability to effectively problem solve ensuring that any complaints are resolved in a calm and professional manner.
- Excellent organisational skills and time management skills with the ability to balance different priorities
- Flexible and reliable to work allocated shifts
- Working knowledge of Opera would be beneficial
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Discounted room rate across our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel) and Friend and Family discounted room rates (Check)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets