Assistant Front of House Manager
40 hours a week (Fully flexible 5 out 7 days)
£27K + Benefits
Since 1837 Imperial London Hotels have been offering our guest a warm welcome across our 7 Hotels located in Bloomsbury, central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique The Morton Hotel to our largest site, and the largest hotel in the UK Royal National Hotel at 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone.
- Support the FOM in delivering the quality of service and delivery for all services and facilities within the Front Office Department.
- Formal and informal liaison with Departmental Management, Supervisors and Staff Members on operational matters, ensuring line reports retain full accountability for addressing areas of improvement.
- Support Departmental Management, Supervisors and Staff Members to collectively ensure achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and targets in all areas
- Ensure the premises are in optimum condition to receive and serve guests
- Conduct regular team meetings with Line reports and Staff Members to discuss agreed areas of operational focus including security, service quality, KPIs, targets, guest feedback and manage matters arising from meetings, including action plans
- Ensure standard operating procedures (SOPs) are developed and implemented, checking compliance with SOPs during routine operational checks
- Liaise with HODs of all Central Service departments including Facilities, Purchasing, Accounts, Meetings & Events Management, and People and Development, regarding specific areas of service, quality standards, and service provision as appropriate and necessary
- Conduct scheduled as well as ad hoc audits across Front of House to measure compliance with KPIs, targets and quality standards, including service readiness, staff appearance, hospitality culture and guest experience; reporting findings to the Front of House Manager
- Develop, in partnership with your HOD, line reports and Staff Members service improvement and action plans arising from audits and/or observations
- Coordinate service between departments for smooth and efficient operations
- Establish guest satisfaction data and develop, with your HOD, Supervisors and Staff Members, appropriate improvement plans to address any shortfalls in service quality and/or delivery standards
- Take active role in evolving solutions and interventions in partnership with Marketing, Sales & Reservations and others to enable positive business growth
- Monitor and maintain operation & overhead cost to maintain maximum revenue to the Company
- Prepare and submit regular and ad hoc reports to your HOD, including achievement of KPIs, H&S compliance and any other relevant metrics
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
- Lead and manage the operational activities of staff working in Front of House in the absence of the FOM.
- Take positive action to reduce staff turnover and increase retention
- Support and partner with Departmental Management and line reports on all staff matters, including recruitment, retention, employee relations, training & development, career development, and reward & recognition.
- Ensure full compliance across all departments with Company policy and procedures
- Provide feedback to all staff at hotel to recognise, incentivise and reward high performance
- Provide feedback and support development of appropriate course of action for underperforming staff
- Identify staff training and development needs feeding back to Departmental Management and Supervisors where appropriate or immediately intervene to generate service, quality or staff improvement
- Ensure a culture of continuous professional development is nurtured across Front of House department
- Ensure staffing levels are optimised across Front of House
- Ensure effective and efficient rota management across Front of House
- Ensure compliance with all Company and UK legislative requirements
REWARDS & BENEFITS:
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets