The Morton Hotel
40 hrs ( working hours between 9pm to 9am)
£10.85 + Benefits
Since 1837 Imperial London Hotels have been offering our guests a warm welcome across our 7 hotels located in Bloomsbury, central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique the Morton Hotel to our largest and the largest hotel in the UK, The Royal National at 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone.
We are now recruiting Night Receptionists for our Morton hotel.
Working as part of our Night Reception team we want to ensure that our guests have a great first impression visiting our hotels no matter what time of night, you will make it your mission to ensure you deliver an exceptional journey from check-in to check-out.
It’s all about having a great attitude, we are looking for someone who enjoys being helpful to others, keeps a cool head and doesn’t get flustered easily as you’ll need to be comfortable working both independently and as a team.
The safety of our guests and team is our highest priority so you’ll be knowledgeable on company emergency and evacuation procedures, conduct regular safety checks and audits, ensuring that any safety incidents or accidents are addressed quickly and escalated accordingly.
You’ll ensure there is a seamless handover for the day reception team communicating relevant information and updates, that guests’ morning calls are actioned, breakfast trays are delivered and guest newspapers are ordered as required.
An ambassador for The Morton hotel you take pride in terms of your own personal appearance, and ensure the reception and adjoining areas represent a great welcoming environment. You’ll help our guests with your expert knowledge of the hotel services and that of the local area and surroundings.
A natural problem solver, with great attention to details you’ll also be extremely organised yet able to multi-task. Your passion is to help others and with your exceptional people skills you’ll ensure that our guests continue to return time after time to our hotels.
What we’d like from you
- Due to the working hours of this position, you will need to be at least 18 years old to be considered for this role.
- Previous experience gained in a customer facing role or similar position would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of Opera, Knowcross and Mircos software would be beneficial.
- You will have a good level of spoken and written English. If you speak other languages, this would advantageous.
- A genuine interest in providing the best service for our guests.
- Confident and engaging personality with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- You will have the ability to effectively problem solve and find a resolution to our guests’ satisfaction.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to balance different priorities and remain calm under pressure.
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners and restaurant outlets.