Holiday Inn Bloomsbury
40 hours a week (Shift Pattern 5/ 7 days (Working Hours)
£11.70 + Benefits
Since 1837 Imperial London Hotels have been offering our guest a warm welcome across our 7 Hotels located in Bloomsbury, central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique The Morton Hotel to our largest site, The Royal National Hotel at 1630-bedrooms, and our newest Hotel addition to the group Holiday Inn Bloomsbury and IHG Hotel, we have a role here for everyone.
We are now recruiting Housekeeping Supervisors for our Holiday Inn Bloomsbury Hotel
- Assist the Hotel Management with recruitment, training, room cleanliness standards, brand standards and staff retention when required
- Supervise and mentor the Housekeeping operations to ensure they achieve and maintain Company and hotel quality standards
- Undertake daily audit and spot checks using such systems as may be provided by the Company (e.g. Knowcross)
- Allocate daily cleaning duties, issue keys, linen, check that cleaning materials are in place and procedures followed to keep Housekeeping staff performing to a high standard
- Promote and use the tools, systems, software and procedures implemented to support the whole operations and communication with other departments when required.
- Ensure are communal and public areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and in accordance with Company standards
- Ensure rooms and all communal / public spaces are presented to a high standard and are welcoming to guests
- Ensure any Company issued Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are implemented and maintained
- Ensure the cleanliness and checking of guests’ accommodation is carried out efficiently and rooms are presented in accordance with Company brand standards.
- Report any maintenance faults and follow up to ensure that the faults are rectified
- Ensure all objects reported as lost property are registered effectively and safely in the system, following the Company's procedures.
- Report and request stocks (linen and consumables) for daily operation as required
- Assist with supervision and management of training, retention, planning and activity according to budget/manpower planning levels.
- Supervise floor stock takes, floor budgets and other paperwork, such as maintenance reports and safety audits
- Supervise, train and motivate floor Housekeeping team to perform to a high standard in accordance with expectations and Company Standards (SOP)
- Role model good management, leadership, communication and organisational skills
- Conduct regular reviews with Housekeeping team to support continuous improvement
- Motivate and inspire the Housekeeping team to ensure goals are achieved
- Ensure a culture of continuous professional development is nurtured across the department
You will have gained previous supervisory level experience and ideally within a housekeeping environment or similar environment.
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Global discount for all IHG Properties for you and friends and family.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets