Royal National Hotel
Full Time – Permanent
We are currently recruiting for a Full-time enthusiastic Night Porter to join our team. You will be required to contribute to the hotel’s success. You should have a warm, personable nature, can do attitude and an eye for detail.
Rewards & Benefits
In return for your hard work as a Night Porter you will be entitled to a great range of benefits including:
- Career Development through training and education opportunities
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Exciting Staff Discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
What will I be Responsible for?
- Distribute keys and messages, communicate with guests on matters related to their stay
- Assist guests with luggage and other bags/personal effects
- Take morning calls
- Take up housekeeping items such as mini-beds, cots, towels, shampoo, blankets, towels, and bedding to guest rooms when Housekeeper is off duty
- Remove rubbish from public rooms/spaces to assist with in keeping the hotel in an acceptable and respectable state
- Deal with critical or special situations arising in the hotel, e.g. guest ill health, and liaise with emergency services when they are in attendance.
- Deal with the Fire Brigade if they attend the hotel, liaise with Head of Department and possibly accompany the Chief Officer, if necessary, to the source of alarm.
- Assist, where possible, when guests or staff are stuck in elevators
- Investigate noise or disruption with unruly guests or other individuals within the hotel environment
- Instigate fire checks with floor patrols of the building
- Keep the yards and forecourts clear of traffic obstructions
- Help to keep the buildings secure with floor checks, locking gates and access points.
- Assist in removal of undesirables from all areas within the hotel environment
- Remain vigilant to all aspects of security and report any breaches or issues to the following shift and/or to Supervisor or Head of Department
- Assist guests with problems or complaints regarding their accommodation or any other aspect of their stay
- Take over the duties of Reception and Cashiers once day-staff have finished their duties
If this is the role for you then, please APPLY or Call our Human Resources department to find out more information.
Click on the link to apply.Apply Now
Sign in to our recruitment platform access your active applications.Sign In
Sign up for alerts for relevant positions as they become available.Alerts
Send To A Friend
Know someone who might be interested?Share
- Contact Us