Purchase Ledger Clerk
Are you a qualified accountant with 3years+ experience of working in all Purchase Ledger functions?
Imperial London Hotels Ltd. is an independent family-run business of a unique portfolio of seven hotels. We are looking for an experienced Purchase Ledger Supervisor to join our office in the Bloomsbury Area, London. At Imperial London Hotels, we understand that our staff are key to our success and we are dedicated to supporting every person in their role. As a business, we will endeavour to provide you with opportunities to develop yourself and pursue a rewarding and exciting career with us.
This is a full-time role working Monday to Friday (8:30am to 5:00pm), 37.5hrs per week and £10.03 per hour.
Who are we looking for?
This role would suit a highly professional, motivated and friendly individual with a proactive and positive attitude. Prior supervisory experience in a similar role, preferably working within an international accounts function, is essential, in addition to:
- Proven accounting experience in ledger transactions, purchase ledger, book keeping and nominal ledgers
- Prior experience in reconciliations of ledgers and bank
- Good knowledge of accounting software, able to navigate through system without supervision
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing and leading a team
- Strong numeracy skills and a logical approach to tasks
- Excellent attention to detail, and a passion for delivering accurate work in-line with agreed deadlines
- Flexible approach when prioritizing work and multi-tasking
- Brilliant written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence, approachability and strong team working skills
What are we looking for?
- Qualification in English and Mathematics at GCSE Grade C or higher (or equivalent)
- 3years+ experience of working in all Purchase Ledger functions
- Competent use of computers - Excel (advanced level), Word (intermediate level), Outlook/Explorer (competent user)
- Desirable Accounting Qualification foundation to intermediate or Studier
- Desirable experience using Microsoft Nav
Rewards & Benefits
As an employee of Imperial London Hotels Ltd., you will be entitled to a great range of benefits including:
- Free meals on duty
- Staff discounts
- Training and Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
What will I be responsible for?
Joining the Accounts team, the day-to-day duties of this role will include line-managing a team of three, in addition to:
- Approve Purchase Ledger Invoices
- Process Commission invoices
- Process Utilities (Occupancy Expenses) Invoices
- Allocate work load accordingly in busy period and help the team if necessary
- Ledger tidy up and maintain up to date accounts
- Run Age creditors report and for month end and update Head of accounts of any issues
- Supervise supplier reconciliations
- Supervise payment runs
- Post and allocate Direct Debits
- Review cash book payments and post any payment for final bank rec to be done by Assistant Accountant
- Petty Cash reconciliation
Undertake other ad hoc duties in support of the Accounts department and/or the wider Imperial London Hotels group as and when required
If you would like to join our team as our new Purchase Ledger Supervisor then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Click on the link to apply.Apply Now
Sign in to our recruitment platform access your active applications.Sign In
Sign up for alerts for relevant positions as they become available.Alerts
Send To A Friend
Know someone who might be interested?Share
- Contact Us